Do I have a claim?
These are often “tell-tale” symptoms that your Rateable Value is worthy of appealing, subject to survey, if you can answer yes to two or more of these then please contact us:-
- I have not appealed since 1 April 2010
- My rent is lower than my Rateable Value
- My Rateable Value has increased since the last time
- The floor areas measured by the Valuation Office have increased between the old 2005 and current 2010 Rating List.
- All of the floor area has been valued as retail space but some of the area is storage.
- The Valuation Office Agency have served a Notice on my property
- I have vacated or demolished part of my premises
- The Landlord is carrying on internal building works
- Many of my neighbours have moved out, local vacancy rates have increased
- We have been affected by the closure of local car parking
- The Valuation Office has valued our Air-Conditioning
- My shop has narrow frontage compared to the length of the unit
- Access to my shop has been impaired
- My building is currently affected by neighbouring building works or roadwork’s.
In order to serve you efficiently and professionally we will arrange to inspect your property after conducting a desktop appraisal from our specialist database. For our desktop appraisal we would ideally have the following information:-
- Date of occupation?
- Current rent payable?
- Date it was established?
- Any rent free periods or beneficial lease terms you enjoy? New break clauses? Service charge caps?
- Have you altered the property in the past five years?
- Are you being affected by redevelopment works, road works or neighbouring building works?
If you don’t have this information to hand – just contact us as we are likely to be able to make a very basic judgement with a view that if there is some merit in your case, we will get this information later.